Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vocabulary

Emma's vocabulary is booming right now. She seems to be learning new words everyday and she will repeat anything I say. She is also very polite. She says "thank you" unprompted pretty consistantly. I will hand her a drink and she says, "Thank you mama." It is so sweet. Every once in a while she will bust out a whole sentence of 7 words or so and I'm amazed. She tries to sing songs and even the ABC song. She only gets A, C and Z but hey, that's a start!

We have been having a hard time with please. She never says please unless I ask her today. Tonight she came up to me and said "Please, mama" while also saying it in sign language. I had no idea what she wanted though! She just said please. So I got up and she said "car!" Her car was stuck and she needed help so she said please. She's getting the hang of it!

I can't wait until I can understand everything she is saying. At this point a lot of what she says still sounds like gibberish to me. She is getting better everyday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Emma,

Once again I am very impresssed about your development. You can even sing the ABC song :-) That is amazing. I hope I can get another video of you listening to your new words.
Love you.
Daddy.

Hallo Emma,

wie immer bin ich über deine Entwicklung erstaunt. Du kannst sogar schon den ABC Song singen :-) Unglaublich gut. Hoffe, dass ich dich in einem weiteren Video sehen und hören kann.
Hab dich lieb.
Papa.